Saturday 19 May 2012

Maternity moanings

Source: Google Images

I haven’t blogged for a while now and a lot has happened in the space of a few weeks! More related to pregnancy rather than the wedding but a lot all the same. I’m still desperately searching for a wedding venue and will update you on that in my next post. Today I feel like having a mini rant/moan about the raft of pregnancy ailments, symptoms, niggles that I’ve been bombarded with one after another. Or actually sometimes all at once! Going to and from work was starting to be a
real chore and frankly exhausting. Battling with 3 changes on the tube and train, not getting a seat (even with my baby on board badge on!), and the general slog of being in a manic office was just way too much for me and the Bambinoes. So maternity leave started last week, which was a
huge relief and weight off my shoulders. Time to put my feet up, relax, get my last few baby buys in and get organised before the Bambis come. Or so I thought! I basically thought things would be more manageable and plane-sailing from here on in. How wrong was I!!! So young, so naive! Although I am able to relax a little more, all these new symptoms have started just as I planned to kick back and chill. I’m actually more uncomfortable and irritated now than ever. I can’t sleep, I can’t walk too far, I can’t stand or sit for too long. I’m pretty much house bound! The sporadic back pains I’ve been getting are just ridiculous! It started off just in the night but now happens every few hours. The only comfortable position I’ve found is going on all fours like a cat to relieve the pressure and weight off my back. Oh joy.


Amongst other things my bump is now huge! And the twins seem to be playing a game called “How far can we stretch Mummy”. One moves to one side of my stomach and the other pulls in completely the opposite direction creating a very stretched and mis-shaped mama! It’s not painful, just sooo uncomfortable. My stomach just feels unbelievably tight, almost like when you have a balloon and you squeeze it and it’s ready to pop. That’s me!! On top of that I’ve got excess fluid in there (a higher level than I should for 31 weeks) so that’s adding to my discomfort and size.
I’m also sad as I had to part ways with my beautiful red Mini (*sheds a tear). I only bought it in November before I knew I was preggers. But I absolutely loved that car! It was so cute, nippy and so me! Whether I end up with one or two of my Bambis it was not practical at all! A friend of mine tried putting his car seat in the back and it was such an experience to get it in there - laughable! The car had to go! So I’ve upgraded to a more sensible, mummy mobile. 5 door car and no clambering into the back seat and plenty of room for us all. My first grown up, sensible mummy decision. But still miss my mini!!
Bye Bye Mini :-(
 
Oh well, rant over. Nothing has changed on the twin news. Docs are still saying the worse but we are keeping an open mind. I’m trying to get the last few baby bits sorted whilst being cooped up indoors. Thank God for online shopping!
Not long to go now. Just need to be strong and persevere with these symptoms. Maybe another 4/5 weeks then I can see my Bambinoes :-)

No comments: