Wednesday 30 May 2012

Wedding WOWs

As you know I've been getting into my research into all things weddings and it has gone into over-drive now that I'm on maternity leave and have a lot more time on my hands. My laptop, iPhone and my fiance's PC are starting to resemble a digital wedding art gallery with all the images I keep saving.

I thought I'd start sharing some of the lovely things I find on a regular basis in posts that I'll call 'Wedding Wows'. To kick-start I'll share my new obsession with bridal accessories. 

Now, I'm a big accessory lover anyway. I'm never ever seen without a pair of earrings on, even when indoors I feel naked without my earrings! A whole section of my wardrobe is dedicated to scarves, belts, bags and have a good selection of jewellery to compliment most outfits. Hopefully this gives you an idea of my affinity with accessories and therefore my excitement about the world of bridal accessories that I'm discovering. From shoes to jewellery to little extras to add to your dress to make it completely unique to you. I am hooked and finding new stuff all the time. 

My problem now is going to be choosing which accessories to have! With all the beautiful things I keep finding I could end up looking like a bridal Christmas tree (haha!). I will have to rein myself in and keep things to a minimum to make sure I get the elegant, graceful bridal look I'm going for, but hey I can have fun trawling through all the trinkets and treasures for now :-)

Click read more to feast your eyes on these little pretties and more...
Check out the detail on the heels - Gorgeous Harriet Wilde Shoes

Stunning tear drop earrings - Harry Winston
Diamonds are a girl's best friend but not the price tag on these!

Another stunner from Harry Winston Jewellery - So simple and elegant

Aruna Seth Butterfly Heels - I do like shoes with a bit of unique detail and these are too cute! Available in a range of colours and heel heights too



A bolero from Pronovias - Nice if you want to cover up a bit for the church ceremony and then show a bit more skin in the evening

I thought this was interesting from Pronovias - It's a 'jacket' to go over your dress. Again, good for a church cover-up or if you have a scar on your arm like I do but still want to look super glam

Definitely a big up-do fan so I'm on the look out for accessories to compliment the style. Liked this with the matching bracelet from Liberty in Love

Option for hiding my shoulder scar - Lace cap sleeves from Justin Alexander that you can add on to your dress



Bridal Sashes/belts from Justin Alexander - a great way to add a bit of pizzazz to a simple dress


Jewelled bouquet - I've seen a few of these (this one from Noaki on Etsy) and they are so beautiful and an alternative option to the traditional floral bouquet. Could be a bit tricky when it comes to tossing the bouquet at the single ladies. First Aid kit at the ready I think lol








A pretty white bouquet of non-traditional flowers - I'm not a big fan of using roses in my bouquet so really love this look and the added lace for a bit more wow factor

 


More wedding wows to come...

No comments: